1. Facilities to be placed/installed per City approved drawing (attached hereto). See Special Conditions.
2. Utility locate to be called in 48 hours prior to commencing work ( 800-424-5555).
3. The City's Public Works Department must be called 24 hours prior to starting work. Contact the Director of Public Works at (360) 673-3706.
4. All trench depths to comply with industry standards and the finished surface will conform with the City's Development Guidelines and Public Works Standards, unless otherwise approved in writing by the City Director of Public Works or City Engineer.
5. All trenches located beneath paved (asphalt or concrete) surfaces or driveways, or located beneath roadway shoulders (within 3' of edge of road) shall be backfilled with crushed surfacing top course (5/8" minus) or imported gravel base, Class B. Backfill shall be placed and compacted in maximum 6-inch lifts to 95% of standard density. Native excavated materials cannot be utilized for backfill in these areas, unless authorized by the Director of Public Works.
6. All trenches located outside of paved (asphalt or concrete) surfaces or driveways, or outside roadway shoulders shall be backfilled in 6-inch lifts with suitable excavated materials compacted to 95% of standard density. When unsuitable on-site native backfill material exists (material cannot achieve minimum compaction requirements), then trenches shall be backfilled with import gravel base, Class B, material as furnished and supplied by the Grantee. This Permit does not warrant the availability or presence of suitable native materials for trench backfill.
7. All compaction shall be mechanically tamped to achieve the desired level of compaction. Water settling will not be allowed unless authorized by the Director of Public Works.
8. All asphalt pavement restoration shall be made with a minimum 12-inch lift of compacted (95% standard density) crushed rock top course (5/8" minus) and 2-inch minimum (compacted thickness) of asphalt concrete Class B. The pavement restoration shall extend a minimum of 12 inches (each side) beyond the constructed trench widths. When existing asphalt thickness is found to be greater than 2 inches, asphalt concrete Class B shall be placed, in maximum 2-inch lifts, to a depth equal to or exceeding existing pavement thickness. Seal edges with sealer CSSI and seal surface joint with hot asphalt (AR40000W) and sand blanket.
9. Special trench and pavement restoration will be required for trenching through concrete or "asphalt over concrete" pavement roadways. The Grantee shall procure those additional requirements from the City prior to commencing work under this Permit.
10. Before repair of oil mat and/or asphalt concrete cuts, the City shall be notified (24-hour notice) of the pending work and all such work shall be made by experienced personnel with adequate equipment. All paving material shall be hot asphalt concrete Class B.
11. No pavement cuts across streets, roads or driveways constructed of asphalt concrete or Portland cement concrete shall be made unless approval has been granted in writing by the Director of Public Works or City Engineer, or his authorized representative, for such crossing and all pavement cuts shall be made only by mechanical saws specifically made for this purpose.
12. At no time during construction will any roadway be entirely closed without written permission. One-way traffic shall normally be maintained.
13. All traffic control and construction signs shall be provided, installed, and maintained in accordance with the latest issue of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD). All flaggers shall be State certified.
14. Where construction occurs on a graveled surface, roadways and shoulders will be returned to original or better condition.
15. A temporary patch of cold mix asphalt (4-inch minimum compacted thickness) will be placed and maintained on road crossings and driveways after backfilling until a permanent patch can be placed, unless waived by the Director of Public Works. Permanent patching will be done by the Grantee.
16. No work requiring street closures shall be done under this Permit until the party or parties to whom it is granted shall have communicated with and received instructions, if required, from the local school district, police, private utility companies, and local Fire Chief. The Fire Chief and Police Department must be notified prior to and after completion of the work or project.